The Brazilian Amazon’s Tipping Point May Already Be Here




What Are Incoterms Shipping Rules

Incoterms (International Commercial Terms) are terms that represent rules in international shipment and trade set by the International Chamber Of Commerce otherwise known as the ICC. Incoterms are used to eliminate costly mistakes especially when shipment moves from one country or region to another.

Important Things a Customs Broker Can Do For Your Business

A customs broker could offer a variety of export and import services for businesses. Knowing what they’re able to do for your business as well as understanding the services they provide could go a long way towards making sure that your relationship with your customs broker is successful and cost-effective.

Global Business Leaders, How Well Do You Know Your Sourcing?

In today’s global business environment, companies can no longer ignore the quality and integrity of their suppliers. Discover what you need to know and how to go about it.

Expat Price Shock of Top Three Ranked Cities July 2014

The July 2014 Cost of Living Rankings show Caracas, Venezuela as most expensive expatriate city to live. Luanda, Angola and Oslo, Norway round out the top three most expensive cities. Who makes the list this quarter and why?

Export License Exemptions and Technology and Software: A Review of TSU

When applying for an export license through the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), one of the common questions would be if the commodity contains technical data even though it may not be a “technical” product. Using the Technology and Software Unrestricted (TSU) as a license exception would be helpful in cases were information is publicly available and encryption of data is not an issue.

Export License Exemptions on Technical Data – Review of Technology and Software Restricted (TSR)

Export licensing is part of the world of export. If you have a product that does not fall in the spectrum of the 95% not needing an export license, chances are you will be in the 5% that will need to deal with process of applying for a license through the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS). Using an export license exception on technical data with restrictions would be easily determined by reviewing these key items against your commodity for export.

Core Elements and Your Export Management and Compliance Program (EMCP)

To those who do any international trade in your business, does your company have an export compliance program? Many companies, who process exports and imports, need to have some kind of written plan in place for the sake of describing processes, procedures, policies and training for employees. Creating an Export Management Compliance Program (EMCP) would mean that your organization would need to institute core elements into your plan. This is a review of the 9 core elements for an EMCP

Freight Costs and Incoterms: Navigating Who Should Pay on Your Shipment

Who pays for freight costs are part of the international trade shipping agreements. Determining who pays, the buyer or seller, is based on Incoterms. Based on Incoterms 2010, here are the latest interpretations of who should pay for freight on each term.

Assists in Transaction Value

Computing assists in the transaction value of your import can be complex. Here are some tips on what to look for when determining assists and their value.

Understanding Customs Valuation: Transaction Value and Its Components

When creating a import plan, customs valuation can be one of the most challenging policies and procedures importers would face. Transaction Value is the most common value method used by U.S. Customs. Here are some of its components to better understand customs valuation

5 Administrative Cloud Computing Tools For Your Supply Chain Team

The supply chain has always been an industry that evolves with the creation of new technology. Here are some administrative tools to keep a supply chain team more versatile in the changing workplace.